How to Lengthen Eyelashes – Long lashes are coveted by many women. Well, there are various ways to lengthen your lashes that are efficient, safe, and easy to try, from natural home treatments to various beauty methods.
Long and thick eyelashes are considered to be more attractive and can make your facial appearance beautiful. However, not everyone is born with this kind of eyelash situation. Some have long and thick lashes, while others have short and thin lashes. This matter is very much determined by genetic or hereditary factors.
How to Lengthen Eyelashes
For those of you who have short or thin lashes, don’t worry. Next are some ways to lengthen your lashes that you can try:
1. Natural treatment
To make the eyes look beautiful, women usually wear eye makeup, a kind of mascara, so that the lashes appear longer, curl, and thicker. Not only wearing eye makeup, you can also apply some natural ingredients as a treatment to help lengthen eyelashes, such as:
- Petroleum jelly
- Green tea
- Olive oil
- Castor oil
- Aloe vera
You can choose one of the natural ingredients above, then apply it to your lashes before going to bed. In the morning, rinse and clean your lashes until there are no ingredients left. For maximum results, do routine maintenance every day.
These materials have indeed been used by many people. However, it should be noted that there are no scientific facts that support its effectiveness. Not only that, you also need to be careful if its use is not suitable for your skin.
2. Eyelash growth medication
One of the scientifically proven eyelash-growing drugs is bimatoprost. This drug is used applied applied along the lash line (on the upper lid only). For optimal results, basting should be tried daily for about 2 months.
The drug that is actually intended to cure glaucoma has been approved by the FDA (United States BPOM) as a safe and efficient drug to make eyelashes grow longer, thicker, and darker.
Unfortunately, in Indonesia, the drug is only recognized as a prescription eye drop for glaucoma. This could be because bimatoprost has the risk of causing side effects when used to lengthen eyelashes, such as:
- The eyes feel itchy, dry, swollen, and red
- The eyelids become darker
- The discoloration of part of the iris becomes dark brown
- The growth of hair around the eyes when the drug is applied to the area outside the eyelid
Most of the side effects will fade when use is stopped. However, the discoloration of the iris tends to be permanent.
3. False eyelashes
If you want long lashes instantly, you can use fake lashes. False lashes can also be removed easily, so it’s not a hassle. Not only that, there are many false eyelash options on the market that can be matched to your taste.
However, the use of false lashes also requires caution. Next are the conditions that you need to pay attention to when wearing false eyelashes:
A selection of brands that provide as much detail as possible about the instructions for use. Examples of false lashes that provide a lot of information are maski eyelashes products from eyelashes manufacturer Indonesia.
- Make sure you are not allergic to false eyelash glue material.
- Wash your hands before using false lashes.
- Make sure all the tools used to attach the lashes are clean.
- Avoid applying false eyelash glue directly to the lids. Attach it to the false lashes first.
- Be careful when applying or removing false lashes so you don’t scratch the eyeball. Do not occasionally apply false lashes in moving transport.
- Always remove false lashes before bed.
- Not only that, stay away from borrowing false lashes from other people so that you don’t catch the bacteria that trigger eye infections. You also cannot wear false lashes if you are facing an eye infection or infection of the skin around the eye.
4. Eyelash extensions
Unlike false lashes, eyelash extensions are lashes made of fabric or plastic which are attached one by one to the top of the upper lashes with a special adhesive. Eyelash extensions can usually last about 2 months with treatment. Throughout its use, you can save more time, and you no longer need mascara or unpaired false lashes.
If properly installed by a competent or certified person for this procedure, eyelash extension is a safe way to beautify your lashes and the results look natural. However, if not attached properly, eyelash extensions can cause discomfort, infection, especially permanent baldness of the eyelashes.
Tips for Maintaining Fresh and Long Lashes
The right lash care can nourish your lashes and keep them long, thick, and strong. Some of the eyelash treatments that you can do yourself at home include:
- Rinse your lashes with a soft lash brush and soap every day, especially after applying eye makeup.
- Use a gentle make-up remover. Remove eye make-up carefully and don’t brush the lash zone.
- Be careful when wearing the eyelash curler.
- If you want to get rid of clumps of mascara, do it when the mascara is wet and easy to comb.
- Apply a healthy diet full of protein and iron cravings.
There are various ways to lengthen lashes. To be efficient, the method that is done needs to be adjusted to the triggers of short lashes. If indeed there are no problems or complaints with eyelashes, the methods above can be tried.
However, if short lashes are caused by disease or accompanied by disturbing signs, you should consult a doctor for proper treatment. This is because there are several diseases that can cause thinning of the eyelashes, such as blepharitis, hypotrichosis, alopecia, and skin cancer.